Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a travel fee? No. We are happy to provide these services for you at any location on Oahu. The only time there is a travel fee is if we travel off island for a service.
- Are there any additional fees? We do ask you to provide your service providers with payment for parking if your venue requires it.
- Do you accept tips? If you are so happy with your service and feel as though you have had an outstanding experience then we would gladly accept your tips. Thank you!
- Do I have to make a deposit to reserve the date and services scheduled? Yes. 50% of the services scheduled must be paid to reserve the date and times for your services. The remaining 50% will be due 7 days prior to your service dates. Deposits and all payments are non-refundable. If you are booking within 30 days of your services the entire amount will be due to avoid multiple invoices in one month. COVID : During Covid Pandemic we are not accepting deposits.
- What can I do to prepare for spa services? To prepare for hair services make sure your hair is clean, brushed and 100% dry before the service begins. Also, make sure you wear a shirt, robe or dress that is button down or easy to take off without ruining your new look. To prepare for makeup services, make sure your face is clean, has no makeup on and is exfoliated before service begins. To prepare for massage services, make sure you are showered, shaved and have comfortable clothing on.
- Are all of the service providers licensed? Yes. Every service provider that works for us has a state license for their services. Our yoga instructors have all completed at least their YTT200.
- What if I like my makeup natural? Wonderful! We will do our best to enhance your beauty, making your best attributes shine while not adding too much color and making you look too different. We are experts at creating looks that our clients love! We know how to make even the most natural brides look flawless and effortless.
- Do you work with extensions? Yes! Our entire team is familiar with extensions and knows how to work with those in your hair styles. We do not provide extensions but we can help you place them perfectly to accentuate your final desired look. There is an additional fee of $25 to add in extensions. This covers the additional time it takes to work with extensions. Please let us know when booking if you have extensions.
- How long will it take for my hair and makeup to be done? This all depends on the length of your hair and your desired look. Average for an attendee is about 30 minutes for each service and for a bride it's about 45 minutes for each service. If there is a large group of attendees we will do the bride's hair and makeup last so that she is fresh for the wedding and pictures.
- Can we do a beach massage? Yes! We would love to set up your massage on a beach. We can provide transportation to and from a nearby beach for an additional charge. Please email us for more details.
- Are the yoga adventures priced for one or two people? The prices are priced for 2 people. The price includes transportation of up to two. If you desire to bring additional people along, it is an additional $30 per person. If there are more than 3 people we can discuss rates through email or phone.
- Which waterfall/beach/rainforest will we see? The island determines which locations we will visit. The weather is different all year long and we will make sure to choose the best option on the day of your adventure. If the weather is no good on the entire island, we will reschedule for a different day. No refunds will be issued after full payment is received. We promise to deliver a memory you will never forget!
- Do you offer yoga classes for larger groups? Yes! Please e-mail us with your details on how many people you think may attend and where the class will be and we will get you our rates and details on how to make it work for you!
- Can kids take the yoga classes? Absolutely! We will customize the session for whoever is involved. Our instructors have experience getting kids into yoga and would love to share the practice with your little ones.
- Will lunch be provided during the adventures? No, there will be opportunities to stop and pick up some local food but it would be wise to bring some small snacks if the adventure is booked at a time when you will be hungry. We do provide a couple of water bottles per person but it's a good idea to bring your own as well. It gets hot and we get thirsty!
- What if I've never tried yoga before? That perfectly fine! Our yoga instructors are actually really excited to meet more people like you! We love to share the practice with beginners and are familiar with the challenges most people face when first coming to the yoga practice. We will do our best to move slowly, be thorough and make sure you are not uncomfortable or pushing past your limit. We do our best to ensure that everyone is having fun while learning this ancient healing art of movement.
- What can I do to prepare for yoga services? It is good to drink plenty of water at least 1 hour before your yoga session. It is also good to practice at least 1-2 hours AFTER eating, allowing enough time for digestion. Wear comfortable clothing that you can move freely in. If you have booked a yoga adventure, make sure to bring a light snack, a bottled water and some hiking shoes. If you booked a waterfall adventure, bring a swimsuit in case we decide to jump in!
Alexandra & Co. Adventures
Alexandra & Co. Adventures